Project Environmental Advisor - NSW | Australia
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are seeking a Fixed Term contract until 2019 for a highly experienced Project Environmental Advisor to be located at our Corporate Sydney Head Office. Reporting to the Program Lead – Divestment and Closure, your primary responsibilities will be to provide expert advice and support to enable environmental compliance and achieving approved closure criteria in project activities across Sibelco Australia in accordance with Sibelco EHS Management System, regulatory and statutory requirements. This objective is accomplished through supporting the Divestment Team and Project Managers to achieve an ambitions timeframe for successful closure and relinquishment of legacy sites in NSW and SA.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project Manage and coordinate consultants and contractors to complete environmental monitoring, assessment and reporting requirements for multiple closure sites.
- Investigating environmental incidents & identifying corrective actions
- Collate and analyse environmental data, communicate trends and recommend improvement opportunities as required
- Coordinate actions to achieve closure criteria as set out in MOCP's and PEPR's and manage all reporting requirements to meet the criteria.
- Project manage environmental compliance approval applications and assessments, including management of external consultants
- Liaise with and influence government authorities at Local, State and Commonwealth levels to fulfil obligations and obtain timely approvals
Ideally you will possess:
- A formal tertiary qualification in Environmental Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Multi state environmental management experience, ideally gained in the extractive industry sector
- Experience in Mine Closure/Rehabilitation
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills - essential
- A focus on building positive relationships, with a keen interest to explore possibilities in the pursuit of environmental and sustainability excellence
Occasional travel to our operations primarily located throughout New South Wales and South Australia will be required.
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential
Only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 26th October 2018.