Project Manager - NSW | Australia
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are seeking a Fixed Term contract until 2020 for a highly experienced Project Coordinator to be located at either our Corporate Sydney Head Office or regional NSW. Reporting to the Program Lead – Divestment and Closure, your primary responsibilities will be to provide effective supervision and line management support for rehabilitation and Mine closure projects across NSW, including contractor control. In this role, the incumbent will maintain support for the management of projects including identification, scoping, budgeting and cost control in the planning/implementation/commissioning phases of projects. This objective is accomplished through supporting the Divestment Team and Project Managers to achieve an ambitions timeframe for successful closure and relinquishment of legacy sites in NSW.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide effective interaction between the projects team and contractors, day to day contractor control and show initiative by actively seeking out continuous improvements in projects in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures.
- Ensure that process changes are correctly incorporated in all relevant Sibelco systems including drawings, specifications, asset numbering, recommended spares and so on.
- Assist with the scoping, identification, implementation, commissioning of divestment projects to meet statutory closure criteria.
- Assist with the formulation of CERs for projects.
- Regularly report on the progress of projects including cost reporting and maintain records of individual projects.
- Provide and maintain regular communication between relevant stakeholders with respect to projects.
- Ensure any accounts and financial transactions fall within Sibelco's Business Systems guidelines.
Ideally you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in a Project Management role, with an ability to contribute to planning activities, within a rehabilitation projects environment.
- Extensive experience managing contractors.
- Excellent oral and communication skills combined with a team approach and the ability to be self-sufficient, whilst maintaining a high standard in quality of work produced.
- Experience in Mine Closure/Rehabilitation within the extractive/resource industries.
- Medium-level computer literacy in a variety of software packages, preferably Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain and supervise records systems, document control system and back-up system.
Occasional travel to our operations primarily located throughout New South Wales will be required.
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential
Only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 26th October 2018.