Fixed Term Electrician - North Stradbroke Island | Australia
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Nov-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Tired of the FIFO grind? We are currently recruiting for a Fixed Term Contract Electrician to be based within our North Stradbroke Island maintenance team. The role will be located on North Stradbroke Island, engaged primarily on a Monday-Friday day shift basis.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, this role is required to provide proactive electrical services to support our mineral sands mine site's, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities include;
- Execute electrical works in a timely and efficient manner in order to ensure the operational status of the mine.
- Provide electrical assistance for the day to day operations of the plant and ancillary equipment.
- Perform routine Maintenance and inspections.
- Participate in shutdowns, breakdowns and repairs of critical equipment, including fault finding, root cause analysis and general problem-solving activities.
- Perform Statutory inspections on site equipment
- Work with other trades performing a variety of tasks as required by operational requirements.
- Work at other sites across the Island as per operational requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally possess;
- Trade-qualified electrician holding a Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic license including LVR and CPR.
- Experience with control instrumentation and Variable speed drives.
- HV Switching certification and relevant experience with OCB's, VCB's ABS's and transformers.
- Confined Space and Working at Heights certifications. (>11m desirable but not essential)
- The ability to interpret and analyse schematics is highly desirable as is experience in Yokogawa instrumentation and DCS operating systems and/or maintenance AC/DC motors.
- Have the skills to work methodically through repair and/or commissioning projects.
- Willingness to support the maintenance team, by way of shift coverage across both day and Night shift on a periodic basis.
- Knowledge of bore water gathering and skid product pumping (FPU) concepts
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, taking responsibility and supporting others. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture across the business and in return will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the exciting opportunity to help shape this agile and growing business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent no later than 15th November 2018.