Production Superintendent - Kunwarara | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Nov-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a permanent fulltime Production Superintendent to join our Magnesia operation at our Kunwarara mine site, approximately 70 kilometers north of Rockhampton.
Reporting to the Mine Manager, this position safely leads the Kunwarara operations team and associated mining contractors to effectively complete all operational aspects of pit development, mining and tails management, processing and beneficiation of ore and product dispatch to the processing plant at Parkhurst. The position has responsibility for supporting the Mine Manager at the mine. This role leads multiple teams of employees and contract workers working both Monday-Friday dayshift and 24/7 rotating 12hr shift roster patterns. This role is a key part of the leadership team of the Magnesia business at Rockhampton.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Lead our safety culture, effective management of the team, plant and contractors to ensure our activities operate in accordance with company Safety, Environment and Quality systems; promote and foster our ‘going for zero' safety performance for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Analyse and rectify inefficiencies within the mining and production process; make recommendations for upgrade, modification or replacement of equipment to achieve optimum profitability and performance
- Efficient and effective use of resources to maintain a viable and sustainable operation
- Review and optimisation of the mine plan to ensure production targets are met
- Manage and control stock inventory in line with company process and procedures
- Manage and monitor contractor performance to ensure company objectives are met
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets and strategic objectives for the site.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with the community, neighbours, contractors, DES, DMNRE, DEEDI, and local Council
You will need;
- Ideally, you have attained QLD Mining Supervisor competencies and have previous experience at a similar level, and hold formal qualifications in a technical field within mining, engineering or mineral processing or similar such as a Certificate IV in Extractive Industry, though these requirements are negotiable dependant on your demonstrated experience.
- While formal Site Senior Executive certification is not required for this role, the ability to obtain this will be supported by the business.
- Heavy mobile fleet operations and contractor management experience required.
- Formal leadership training and qualifications, with solid financial acumen - highly regarded.
- Crushing, screening and dense media beneficiation experience – highly regarded.
- Previous experience and a strong working understanding of mine site water management, tails management and pumping of both water and slurries – highly regarded.
- Mine planning and scheduling experience will be well regarded.
We are targeting a great people leader with proven capability to mentor and develop talent that embodies our key behaviors of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential. A competitive remuneration package including vehicle will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 16 November 2018.