Mechanical Fitter - North Stradbroke Island | Australia
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2018|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Fixed Term Contract Mechanical Fitter to be based within our North Stradbroke Island Relinquishment project team based on North Stradbroke Island, engaged on a Monday-Friday day shift basis.
Reporting to the Dismantling Supervisor this role is required to support the dismantling and project team in the removal of infrastructure from NSI, as well as proactive mechanical services to support project equipment and our mineral sands mine site on North Stradbroke Island, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provide Mechanical assistance in the safe decommissioning of redundant plant,
- Participate in shutdowns, breakdowns and repairs of critical equipment, including fault finding, root cause analysis and general problem-solving activities.
- Perform Statutory inspections/services on site equipment
- Work with other trades performing a variety of tasks as required by project requirements.
- Work at other sites across the Island as per project and operational requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally possess;
- Trade-qualified Mechanical Fitter.
- Experience with all aspects of pump maintenance.
- Good Fabrication/Welding skills
- Confined Space and Working at Heights certifications.
- The ability to interpret and analyse schematics with fault finding experience, is highly desirable.
- Have the skills to work methodically through decommissioning projects.
- Willingness to support the project team, even when tasks are not mechanical in nature.
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, taking responsibility and supporting others. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture across the business and in return will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the exciting opportunity to help shape this agile and growing business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 31rd December 2018.