Operations Superintendent - Calliope | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Jan-2019|
Operations Superintendent- Calliope
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a permanent fulltime Operations Superintendent to join our Limestone Mining Operation at our Calliope mine site, approximately 20 kilometers South of Gladstone.
Reporting to the Site Manager/SSE, this position safely leads the Calliope operations team and associated mining contractors to effectively complete all operational aspects of pit development, mining and tails management, crushing, screening and washing of ore and product dispatch. The position has responsibility for supporting the Site Manager at the mine. This role leads multiple teams of employees and contract workers working both Monday-Friday day and afternoon shift.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Lead our safety culture, effective management of the team, plant and contractors to ensure our activities operate in accordance with company Safety, Environment and Quality systems; promote and foster our ‘going for zero' safety performance for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Leadership, mentoring, coaching and performance management of employees to foster a high performance team culture.
- Analyse and rectify inefficiencies within the mining and production process; make recommendations for upgrade, modification or replacement of equipment to achieve optimum profitability and performance
- Efficient and effective use of resources to maintain a viable and sustainable operation
- Review and optimisation of the mine plan to ensure production targets are met
- Manage and control stock inventory in line with company process and procedures
- Manage and monitor contractor performance to ensure company objectives are met
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets and strategic objectives for the site.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with the community, neighbours, contractors, DES, DMNRE, DEEDI, and local Council
You will need;
- Ideally, you have least 5 years' experience in mining or quarrying, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Formal qualifications in a technical field within mining, engineering or mineral processing or a Diploma/Cert IV in Surface Operations Management (or similar equivalent) will be well regarded, however experienced senior operators and supervisors of mobile equipment and or drill and blast crushing operations are also encouraged to apply.
- While formal Site Senior Executive certification is not required for this role, the ability to obtain this will be supported by the business.
- Heavy mobile fleet operations and contractor management experience required.
- Formal leadership training and qualifications, with solid financial acumen - highly regarded.
- Drill and blast, crushing, screening and washing experience – highly regarded.
- Mine planning and scheduling experience will be well regarded.
We are targeting a great people leader with proven capability to mentor and develop talent that embodies our key behaviors of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential. A competitive remuneration package including vehicle will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 18th January 2019.