Dry Plant Operator- Lang Lang | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent fulltime Operator to be to be based at our Sand Quarry and processing plant in Lang Lang, located approximately 35km east of Cranbourne.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, you will be required to operate plant machinery and equipment on a rotating shift roster. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join the mining and minerals industry, who is seeking on a long term, stable career.
Key responsibilities include;
- Packing and warehousing; dried sand and milled silica in paper sacks and bulka bags.
- Operating a ball mill and mobile plant; forklift, front end loaders, haul truck and water truck.
- Maintain records, visual inspections and housekeeping.
- Carry out basic maintenance and fault finding where required.
- Competency and experience in forklift operation. Front End Loader and Haul Truck are also desirable.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge.
- Work within a small Team with minimal Supervision.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments so that tasks can be completed without causing injury to personnel or adverse impacts on the environment.
- The ability to plan, organise and undertake work in a methodical manner.
- A basic working knowledge and application of company systems.
- A current driver's licence.
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active attitude to safety
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise. Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com.au before Monday 21st January 2019.