Mechanical Project Engineer- Flexible Location | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer that can be based out of our North Sydney, South Brisbane or Braeside offices on a permanent fulltime basis.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this versatile position will be responsible for the mechanical design, specification and cost estimation of capital projects as well as provide technical support to our site operations teams to ensure optimum operation of our 12 Lime and Limestone mining and processing sites throughout Australia. This appointment will form an integral part of our project team to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard of quality, therefore effective coordination of internal resourcing, and external consultants to ensure the achievement of our deliverables within contract terms will be essential to succeed.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Develop mechanical design solutions based on process requirements
- Provide technical support to internal customers
- Resolve problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost escalation
- Develop technical concepts and project cost estimates
- Experience in Materials handling equipment, checking working drawings, specifications and construction against site conditions and arranging modifications where necessary.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements, define equipment from external suppliers and create bill of materials
- Provide feedback to design engineers on plant and process design- identify, address and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Estimate costs and prepare tender documents for engineering procurement and construction, monitor costs and documentation ongoing through to project completion against the budget.
- Oversee fabrication, installation and commissioning of plant to ensure it is installed and functioning according to specifications, liaise with stakeholders and regulatory authorities concerning any required modifications to the plant.
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification related to Engineering, preferably mechanical however most importantly will have demonstrated successful tenures executing on time, in scope, on budget projects. Experience in materials handling, mineral crushing & milling would be desirable. This role requires strong interpersonal and influencing skills and will model our key behaviours of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise.
Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Friday the 25th January 2019.