Operator - Traralgon | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Operator to be based at our Lime and Limestone plant in Traralgon Victoria, Reporting directly to the site Production Superintendent, and this role will be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of forklifts, mobile and fixed plant processing equipment. It is a full time permanent position working 12hr rotating shifts, as per a roster pattern.
A willingness to develop skills and take on training and instruction with a positive attitude are fundamental to the role. There is an expectation that the operators are a flexible part of the Traralgon team and are willing to be trained in plant and processing operations as required. The position can include and not limited to labour tasks such as bagging operations, manual clean-up, weighing / loading of trucks and plant operation control.
The successful candidate will ideally have the experience listed below:
- A positive attitude towards safety and experience in conducting risk assessments is highly regarded.
- Experience in an industrial setting, eg. Mineral processing, manufacturing or quarrying.
- Experience with gas powered kiln and milling operations, desirable
- Experience in relation to both forklift and front end loader operations and hold the relevant competencies.
- Experience working with SCADA processing control systems.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge.
- A Trade background would be desirable but not essential.
- The ability to plan, organise and undertake work in a safe methodical manner with basic problem solving skills.
- A good work ethic and enjoy working within small teams.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- A current driver's license.
- A Current First Aid Certificate.
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, taking responsibility and supporting others. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture across the business and in return will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the exciting opportunity to help shape this agile and growing business.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent to www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday 22 Feb 2019.