Business Analyst - Brisbane | Australia
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
To support our ‘Customer at the Centre' strategy, a newly created permanent full time position exists for a Business Analyst to support our APAC Lime Supply Chain Operations based in Brisbane. This dynamic role will partner with the Sales and Operations Planning Team, Network Logistics Teams and the Commercial team to provide analysis and decision support for the Supply Chain strategy.
This appointment will be a key business partner role; attending key Commercial and Operational meetings and participate in projects and tactics to truly enable business segment growth activities, decision making and constructively challenge the business on key decisions based upon analysis of data to facilitate best in class commercial outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Provide analytical support including preparation of reports, data and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinating commercial inputs for all Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Jointly review and analyse the Sales Forecast with the Commercial and Operations team- using facts, data and logical arguments, challenge assumptions, providing alternative points of view and identify risks and opportunities.
- Plan budgeting and forecasting: provide support, reports and analysis to business partners and the finance team and their stakeholders for the development and follow-up of budget, forecasting and business plan.
- Develop and implement automated reporting and analysis in the Sibelco Business Intelligence System.
- Manage pricing data, in cooperation and guidance from Network Logistics , and work with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) team to facilitate the input of adjustments.
- Manage the Sibelco freight system. A key short-term deliverable will include optimising the existing system to enable transactional input activities to be delegated.
Key Requirements Include;
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or business administration that is supported by proven experience in a top tier organisation.
- CA, CPA or CIMA qualified, or, equivalent overseas qualification that is convertible to an Australian equivalent qualification.
- Advanced user in MS Excel (essential) as well as experience with a large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (preferably Pronto), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Business Information (BI) tools (Infor preferably), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience (preferably Salesforce), all highly desired.
- Expertise in financial modelling with the ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple and understandable manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively with numerous functions to understand competing requirements, influence outcomes and deliver effective services.
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to challenge the status quo, influence cross functional and global counterparts with sound decision making and recommendations.
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 15th February 2019.