Electrical Tradesperson - Galong | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Our Galong quarry is located a short drive from the regional towns of Yass, Young and Harden, and has one of the most advanced modern technology kiln in Australia. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for undertaking preventative maintenance, repairs and upgrades to this kiln along with other fixed, mobile plant and site facilities. The Galong site is undergoing further expansion with a Hydrator Project that requires a skilled electrical fitter with a range of experience.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrician with a trade background to be based at our busy Galong mine site in Rural NSW to support the growth and maintenance of this site.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Have a good work ethic and enjoy working within a team
- Maintenance and operation of all electrical and mechanical installations on site.
- Development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs.
- Compliance with statutory reporting related to recordkeeping.
- Maintain open communication with all operational staff.
- Participate in site based projects and troubleshoot technical plant and process issues.
- Identify potential plant and process issues and contribute to solutions to improve plant reliability and efficiency.
- Other duties as required consistent with an electrical tradesperson's training and skills.
- Comply with Sibelco Australia Limited's EH&S standards.
- Knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems including process logic is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will hold relevant Trade Qualifications supported by proven experience, preferably within a mining and/or heavy industry environment. You will lead by example in regards to safety and ensuring a culture of zero workplace injuries and employee wellness is maintained. These roles will also require knowledge and experience of cross disciplines such as mechanical, hydraulic and mobile plant with acute time management skills.
Furthermore, with our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise and the successful candidate will model our core behaviours and help shape this agile business.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent no later than Friday 22nd February 2019.