Diesel Fitter - Glenshera | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Mar-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are seeking a Diesel Fitter to be based at our Glenshera Mt. Compass mine site, S.A. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the servicing and minor repairs of our mobile fleet. Additional maintenance of fixed plant and equipment will also be required as this is a dual role.
You will complete routine maintenance activities, unscheduled breakdown rectification services for our Mobile plant. Ordinarily this position will be a day shift Monday - Friday 40 hour a week role. You may be required to work extra hours on the occasions that unforeseen breakdowns occur, whereby time off in Liew will be accrued.
- Diesel Fitter trade qualification (Dual Trade Mechanical Fitter preferred).
- Experience in mobile plant servicing of our Volvo & Caterpillar fleet.
- Preventative and reactive maintenance experience within a mining or heavy industrial environment.
- Preferred experience in a wash plant environment including vibrating screens, gear box maintenance and rebuilds, pump maintenance and rebuilds etc.
- Training/licenses in Confined Space, Working at Heights, EWP, Mobile Crane, Forklift, 1st Aid, Medium Rigid/current manual driver's license will all be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of the concepts of preventative maintenance, condition monitoring and maintenance scheduling and will have a positive attitude towards safety with an ability to demonstrate leadership in this area. You will also have a commitment to Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental requirements and legislation, and will be successful at working as part of a team.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be no later than Friday 22nd March 2019.