Mine Closure and Rehabilitation Advisor - North Stradbroke Island | Australia
|Category:||Safety & Environmental|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are seeking a Fixed Term Contract for 2019 - Mine Closure and Rehabilitation Advisor to be located at Kounpee on North Stradbroke Island. Reporting to the Manager Rehabilitation and Mine Closure, your primary responsibilities will be deliver high quality rehabilitation and mine closure solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Deliver professional rehabilitation and mine closure actions for key internal customers, including-
- Undertake rehabilitation flora monitoring, statistical analysis and report development
- Establish annual, monthly and weekly plans for rehabilitation, and provide site support to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage water quality and level data for surface water bodies in areas that are to be relinquished.
- Manage contractors where required to undertake tasks to allow relinquishment of mining leases.
- Provide advice on areas of environmental contamination to operational personnel and manage and maintain data of potential contamination sources to allow relinquishment of these areas.
- Utilise the latest data and industry standards to provide recommendations and support for continuous improvement in current rehabilitation practices.
Ideally you will possess:
- A formal tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or similar.
- Experience with rehabilitation and mine closure.
- High flora identification skill for both weed and native species.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with a project team and understanding of time cost and quality constraints of a project.
- Experience working in a Nursery including but not limited to a good knowledge of horticulture practices, and the ability to make technical decisions on plant nutrition, pest and disease control programs and chemical application.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- A strong focus on environmental sustainability.
- Experience with statistical software packages and large databases
- A high level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday 1st March 2019.