Maintenance Supervisor - Galong | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Mar-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role is supervision of the Maintenance team, providing leadership and direction to a dedicated team of mechanical & electrical maintenance personnel to ensure the physical integrity and operational efficiency of the Galong processing plant and mining equipment through effective and safe management of maintenance resources and asset management. You will ensure strict adherence to QSE policies and procedures and have a sound understanding of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement techniques.
**Sibelco will offer full relocation for the successful candidate from the point of hire.**
- Ensuring the processing plant & mining fleet are maintained efficiently & effectively to meet required production
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Conduct formal daily workplace inspections with follow-up actions of any substandard conditions or practices identified.
- Assist in the identification of the need for and preparation of JRAs and SOPs.
- Run daily prestart meetings to discuss issues including work procedures, JRA requirements, incidents, near misses, hazards identified, employee concerns and job progress.
- Ensure all employees are informed of hazards in their work areas and activities as they become known.
The successful candidate should possess
- At least 3 years Maintenance Supervisory experience in successfully leading Maintenance Teams in meeting measurable outcomes within Mining and/or Heavy Industrial environments
- Hold a relevant Mechanical Trade Qualification, supported by extensive experience in the mining industry or other similar industries
- Robust understanding of maintenance methods including preventative, predictive and reactive
You should also have strong demonstrated leadership capabilities such as:
- ability to communicate effectively
- excellent interpersonal skills
- an ability to work with, mentor, coach and develop employees;
- be able to undertake effective problem solving;
- have a high level of attention to detail;
- have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and deliver information with a high level of accuracy.
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday 1st March 2019.