Operations Manager - Galong | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Mar-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world- privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking a permanent fulltime Operations Manager to join our prestige lime operation at our Galong site located a short drive from the regional towns of Yass, Young, and Harden in NSW. Galong has an open cut Limestone mine and arguably the most advanced modern technology Kiln and hydrator in Australia.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this position safely leads the Galong operations team and associated mining contractors to effectively complete all operational aspects of site. The position has responsibility for driving and optimizing all aspects of operational performance and profitability at the Galong operations. This role is a key part of the leadership team of the Australian Lime business.
**Sibelco offer full relocation from point of hire for the successful candidate**
Key responsibilities will include;
- Promote and foster our ‘going for zero' safety performance for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Provide effective leadership to the site management, quarry, production and maintenance teams, plant and contractors to ensure our activities operate in accordance with company Safety, Environment and Quality systems
- Analyse and rectify inefficiencies within the mining and production process; make recommendations for upgrade, modification or replacement of equipment to achieve optimum profitability and performance
- Efficient and effective use of resources to maintain a viable and sustainable operation
- Review and optimisation of the mine plan to ensure production targets are met
- Manage and control stock inventory in line with company process and procedures
- Manage and monitor contractor performance to ensure company objectives are met
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets and strategic objectives for the site.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with the community, neighbours, contractors, EPA, Mines department, local Council
You will need;
- A high level of Change Management experience to lead the workforce and navigate the ambiguity of our evolving operation will be highly regarded.
- Ideally, but not mandatory you have attained NSW Mining Supervisor competencies and have previous experience as a Site Senior Executive, hold formal qualifications in a technical field within mining, engineering or mineral processing, or similar such as a Certificate IV in Extractive Industry, though these requirements are negotiable dependant on your demonstrated experience.
- Heavy mobile fleet operations and contractor management experience.
- Formal leadership training and qualifications, with solid financial acumen - highly regarded.
- Mine planning and scheduling experience will be well regarded.
- Experience in fixed plant - A process or maintenance background with exposure to Crushing, Screening and Milling. Knowledge in Kiln operation and Hydration would be advantageous.
We are targeting a great people leader with proven capability to mentor and develop talent that embodies our key behaviors of building positive relationships, speak up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise.
Sibelco recognize the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than 22nd March 2019.