Mining Operator- Galong, NSW | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2019|
We are currently seeking an Operator to support a global leader in the supply of Lime and Limestone products, to be located at our Galong Mine and Lime processing plant on the Central West tablelands of NSW. Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, this initial 6 month contract role will be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy earthmoving and processing equipment in pursuit of quality raw limestone to feed the Kiln, as well as assist with all facets of the mining operation.
The successful applicant will;
- Be proactive with safety and possess the ability to help implement and follow safety procedures
- Have a current driver's licence
- Have experience operating dump trucks, dozer, front-end loaders, excavators, crushing or screening plants and hold the relevant competencies
- Be an experienced operator with previous load and haul experience in a multi bench, open pit, mining operation
- Be ready to challenge the norm and be part of a growing mining project that is focussed on achieving the best possible outcomes and quality standards across the operation
- Be computer literate and have an understanding of Microsoft office suites
The role is multi-disciplined within the mining team and focus on the correct extraction of ore with minimal contamination. A willingness to develop skills and take on training and instruction with a positive attitude are fundamental to the role. Above award conditions and remuneration is available for the right candidate and please note this is not a FIFO or shift work position and the successful applicant would be expected to live in the general region.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people at a range of organisational levels, and will have a positive attitude towards safety with an ability to demonstrate leadership in this area. You will also have a commitment to Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental requirements and legislation, and will be successful at working as part of a team.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 24th May 2019.