Corporate Business Analyst- North Sydney | Australia
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organisational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking a Corporate Business Analyst join our Finance team serving our APAC lime and limestone business for a 6 month fixed term contract based in our North Sydney office.
Reporting to the VP Finance of the Lime and Limestone Business Unit, this role will partner with the Sibelco Asia Pacific operations, commercial and finance team providing decision support for capital expenditure and strategy as well as reviewing operational performance
A true business partner role, the successful appointment will support senior operational, commercial and financial management, influencing operational decision making and constructively challenge the business based on analysis of data and expert insight of operations cost & revenue structures, evolution and trends, to facilitate optimal operational outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Provide analytical support including preparation of reports, data and PowerPoint presentations.
- Jointly review and analyse the operations costs, capacity utilisation and production forecasts, challenging assumptions and identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide support, reports and analysis to business partners and the finance team for the development of budgets, forecasts and the strategic business plan.
- Financial expertise and deep-dive analyses: as financial partner develop and leverage a deep understanding of the cost structure of our products, the sales and product mix, and how production & sales relationships impact plant profitability.
- Prepare business cases in support of capital expenditure, operational & commercial strategy and networking optimisation.
Key Requirements Include;
- A tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or engineering that is supported by proven experience in a multi-national organisation.
- CA, CPA or CIMA qualified, or, equivalent qualification preferred.
- Advanced user in MS Excel (essential) as well as experience with a large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Business Information (BI) tools.
- Expertise in financial modelling with the ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple and understandable manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with numerous stakeholders to understand competing requirements, influence outcomes and deliver effective services.
- Experience in the mining or manufacturing industries would be desirable .
- Ability to travel within Asia Pacific as required to company mining and processing operations.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference in gender, age, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity and sexual orientation. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge that keeps us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees, no matter our differences, to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com.au no later than Wednesday 29th May 2019.