Supply Chain Manager- Parkhurst, Rockhampton | Australia
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Jun-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager, to be based at our Magnesia Processing Plant, Parkhurst, near Rockhampton.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this key senior leadership position of 6 will play a critical role in delivering value for our Magnesia business by leading and implementing optimised solutions for all facets of our supply chain planning. Specific immediate focus will be ensuring that our inventory levels are available to meet forecast customer demand, and driving varied improvements in efficiency, cost & capital control and desired customer service delivery outcomes.
Key responsibilities include;
- Build strategies to optimise supply chain across the business including infrastructure, supplier partnerships, process, and capability.
- Management of contractual agreements and price negotiations for bulk ship loading, warehousing and domestic logistics and container freight activities.
- Optimise product fulfillment and execution to deliver quality outcome at lowest cost, capital and packaging.
- Management of budgets relevant to all supply chain activities.
- Strive to deliver a sustainable reduction in the cost to serve, partner with commercial team and provide information about expected cost-to-serve as input to finalise pricing.
- Design and manage S&OP process to deliver to customer service, cost, working capital, and risk objectives
- Drive effective governance of end-to-end flows and processes by implementing relevant KPI's to ensure deliveries of orders on time to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and deliver reports to achieve optimisation of product flows and to communicate outcomes to key stakeholders.
To be successful in the position you will have;
- Significant experience as a true Logistics generalist with a developed speciality in road and rail freight, inventory control and warehousing- highly desired.
- Maintain strong constructive relationships with our key stakeholders and internal functions-Safety, Finance, Production, Operational Operations.
- Logistics Experience within a production environment or understanding of key production processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and international shipping parties, processes and regulations- ideal, not required.
- Very strong commercial acumen with data interpretation and analytical skills utilising excel
With our customers at the center, Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviors of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life'.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website atwww.sibelco.com/careers no later than Friday the 21st June 2019.