Logistics Specialist | Australia
|Category:||Logisitics & Supply Chain|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Jul-2019|
We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Specialist to be based at our Asia Pacific head office in North Sydney on a permanent fulltime basis to manage our end-to-end logistics networks within NSW and QLD
We are an emerging global leader in the production and supply of Lime and Limestone products through the adaption of sustainable mining and manufacturing and take a responsible approach to minimizing our environmental footprint. We have an enjoyable workplace culture with excellent opportunities for career development.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, Asia Pacific this position will manage all regional contract and procurement activities for warehousing and transport. The role will also continuously seek ways to optimize network flows and deliver a sustainable reduction in the cost to serve, whilst improving the logistics network value proposition to internal and external stakeholders. This position will require travel as required to regional sites.
- Manage the contract fulfilment activity for regional warehousing and domestic transport services including gaining agreement on service level requirements and the ongoing monitoring and management of supplier safety and commercial performance to contracts.
- Build relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to manage business risk, identify optimise and improve competitive advantage through network continuous improvement.
- Develop and track key performance indicators for end-to-end transport and warehouse activities. Use these to benchmark operations and target continuous improvement, and ensure optimal cost to serve.
- Develop end-to-end regional logistic networks to allow growth through network creation and network innovation.
- Produce monthly reports showing actual end-to-end performance to budget and conduct analytical exercises when required to understand trends and areas for improvement or review.
- Guide, monitor and mentor regional logistics compliance activities. These include chain of responsibility, site safety inspections and other standards and regulations involved with transportation of products.
- Provide hands on support to customers and internal stakeholders with regard to site safety reviews and mobile storage equipment commissioning and hand over.
- Proactively lead, and champion safety, and ensure safety is part of all activities.
The successful candidate should have solid experience within the transport or transferable industries. You may have general road freight logistics and network experience and or related industry (mineral processing) experience, however professional and practical capability in domestic freight is key. You will also have an understanding of the Chain of Responsibility and competency in navigating MS Excel/Project, with an ability to interpret and analyse this data.
Our company recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our website at www.sibelco.com/careersno later than Wednesday the 1st August 2019.