Senior Accountant- Rockhampton Based | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned, multinational, with enviable long term growth, performance and a great organisational culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to be located out of our Rockhampton office.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, and leading a team of 4 staff, this roles leads the management of financial & management accounting, treasury, AP/AR and internal controls for the Magnesia business.
Key responsibilities include;
Manage month end reporting tasks; including P&L commentary, general ledger maintenance in ERP, balance sheet reconciliations and analytical review.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting schedules using Tagetik & Excel reporting tools.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations with a focus on driving process improvements and enhancements.
- Maintain the integrity over the fixed asset register including posting of journals, monitoring work in process assets and preparation of Capex management reports.
- Oversee treasury function by preparing weekly cash forecast and ensure the company has adequate funds.
- Key team member in assisting the external audit process.
- Lead the preparation of FBT, BAS and VAT returns.
- Maintain and review the adequacy of the company's site rehabilitation provisions.
- Assist with tax compliance relating to company income tax, transfer pricing and tax reviews.
- Support Finance and cross-functional projects with a focus on achieving business improvements and standardization such as system upgrades and implementation.
- Compliance with transactional hedging policies and reporting; including responsibility for weekly hedging recommendations.
- Manage company insurance policies and supplier review.
- Manage delivery of accounts payable and accounts receivable officers and other colleagues when required.
The successful candidate should possess;
Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Commerce coupled with a completed CPA or CA qualification
- Significant accounting experience within a commercial environment
- Experience using integrated finance ERP Systems. Pronto ideal, not a requirement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian tax system.
- The ability to apply international accounting standards (IFRS)
- Advanced excel skills
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, speaking up, explore possibilities and deliver on promise. The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture across the business and in return will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the exciting opportunity to help shape this agile and growing business.
Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers
before Friday the 20th September 2019.