QSE | Australia
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We are currently seeking a permanent fulltime Quality, Safety, and Environment Coordinator to join the team at our Bentonite quarry located 35 kilometres north of Miles.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will manage and monitor site environment, OH&S and quality activities, and ensure compliance with all company, regulatory and statutory requirementsfor our open pit quarry and drying, milling and screening plant. You will also coordinate and assist with site-based safety and environment communications.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Ensure site compliance with our EH&S Management System standards by developing site specific systems and coordinating their implementation.
- Implement an active Safety and Environment program through competency training with employees and contractors.
- Participate in monthly EH&S meetings with staff, employees and contractors.
- Maintain hygiene activities by continuing monitoring and identifying any potential risks or hazards, housekeeping standards, dust and noise emissions and keep accurate logs, records and reports.
- Conduct safety and environmental risk assessments, investigate and report incidents/accidents.
- Coordinate the implementation of the site's Environmental Management Plan
- Undertake all environmental reporting, including the annual returns and Annual Environmental Management Report.
- Assist the Operations Manager maintain our quality standards and certification of ISO9001- participate in auditing activities.
The successful candidate will hold qualifications ideally in Environmental Science, or OH&S or have comparable Environmental, Safety and Quality experience preferably gained within a mining, manufacturing or heavy industrial environment.
This is a ‘drive in-drive out' Monday- Friday appointment. We will provide relocation support to assist settle the right candidate into the community.
Sibelco's culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships, explore possibilities, speak up and deliver on promise. We recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at www.sibelco.com/careers no later than Tuesday the 24th September 2019.