Graduate / Junior Lab Technician: Newton Abbot | United Kingdom
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Applications Technologist (2).docx (Word, 188KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2019|
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Location: Newton Abbot, UK
We currently have a vacancy for a Lab Technician within our Sanitaryware Technical Centre to support our services to the operations, commercial and geology sectors. The candidate will carry out a range of testing on ball clay and kaolin products as part of a quality control plan alongside continual support to the Technical Sales team.
This is an ideal role for those who have either recently graduated and/or have a few years experience within a laboratory environment. The role will give opportunities to learn about deposits/minerals, products, applications and the wider business as a platform for moving into other areas such as Technical Sales or Applications Development.
- Follow our schedule and set procedures for application testing
- Support Technical Sales Managers by providing timely and accurate data analysis
- Provide Quality Control services to the local Operations team
- Support the commercial account managers with technical information on the range of Sibelco products
Key Attributes Required:
- Degree in engineering, chemistry or materials science
- Any industry experience is an advantage
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about our business and products
- Experience in lab testing; equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of ceramics or sanitary ware is an advantage
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Richard Miller on +44 1626 322 356. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 1st September 2019.
Sibelco recognises the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.